Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oil Furnaces

Have you ever wondered how an oil furnace actually works? I know that this was something that truly fascinated me when I first got interested in the heating and air conditioning industry. How could you control a fire and make sure that it never got too hot but that it was hot enough to heat up the entire house. Also how could you possibly do this without making the home smell like smoke or fire? These were all burning(pun intended) questions that ran through my mind as a young aspiring hvac tech. Well after a long career in the heating and cooling business I can tell you that all of my childhood curiosities have been answered and much more. So I know that there are lots of little kids out there who are just like I was and for them I am here to provide some help. This might just inspire them to make it a go like I did. So here it is, a nice little video that I found that does a good job of explaining exactly how an oil furnace actually works. Enjoy!



Did you enjoy the video? I know I did, I loved it. That is the beauty of the internet for today's generation. See when I was coming up you had to actually go find someone like the guy in the video if you wanted to learn about something like that. Now you can cruise over to my blog with a few keystrokes and 10 minutes later you have your answer. Make sure to stay tuned for even more great HVAC information.

1 comment: