Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Electric Arc Furnace

Now I like to cover lots of heating and air conditioning related topics on this blog so I wanted to talk a little bit about commercial furnaces today. Now the heating principles at play with commercial furnaces is actually quite different from those that are used in residential heating units. Nevertheless I think it is something that some of you all might enjoy. So today I want to present you with a video on electric arc furnaces. This is a nice little video that I found on youtube that actually taught me something that I didn't know. Now you all know that after having worked in this field and taught the stuff for several decades this type of situation doesn't come up too often anymore. However, when it does, I get as giddy as a school girl. OK I'm exaggerating but it is an ahhhh moment and I do enjoy those. So without any further ado let me give you the video:



Good stuff huh? I'm sure you all enoyed that and I just want to say that this is one of the very rare occasions that I am not exactly qualified to field questions on this particular topic. I will help if you have a basic question but I actually have a few myself. If I get some anwswers to my questions I will update this post and share anything else I find out. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment